While the rest of the world may be slowing down for the summer, Worthy is heating up! June saw some extraordinary pieces in a variety of styles, from fabulous art deco inspired bracelets to bold, modern-looking rings. Last month’s auctions prove that fine jewelry is always in demand, no matter its shape or style so if you are thinking about selling an unworn ring or a forgotten necklace, there is no better time than the present.
“It’s all just a little bit of history repeating”- The Propellerheads
We love seeing antique and vintage inspired pieces do well at auction. The antique emerald step-cut bracelet pictured below gives this cut the dazzling “hall of mirrors” effect step-cut pieces are known for. The European-cut three stone dinner ring has a little extra panache with added triangular sapphires which create an artful pattern.
But June had plenty big and bold pieces to show as well! Good things come in threes as we see with both of the three-piece bridal sets below. Radiant isn’t just the diamond’s shape if you ask us. But solo pieces can be just as stunning as we see with the 2 carat modified brilliant cut halo ring below. With a large center stone and a plethora of sparkly diamonds in the band, this ring caught lots of attention at auction last month.
Be sure to browse our 10 most outstanding items from June.
- 0.71 CT Princess Cut Bridal Set, H-I, SI1. Sold for auction $1012.
- GIA 2.02 Ct Round Modified Brilliant Cut Halo Ring, J, I1. Sold at auction for $6037.
- GIA 1.06 CT Round Cut Bridal Set Ring, G, I1. Sold at auction $2583.
- Round Cut Link Bracelet, Fancy, I1. Sold at auction for $2660.
- Patek Philippe Nautilus 3710/1 3231225. Sold at auction for $34,570.
- GIA 2.01 CT Radiant Cut Bridal Set, E, VS1. Sold at auction for $11,389.
- Antique 0.88 CT Emerald Step Cut Bangle Bracelet, G-H, VS1. Sold at auction for $3,330.
- Round Cut Necklace, I-J, VS2-SI1. Sold at auction for $1,327.
- Antique European Cut Ring, H-I, VS2-SI1. Sold at auction $2,474.
- GIA 1.22 CT Round Cut Bridal Set, H, VS2. Sold at auction for $5,588.