While last month’s weather was much more lion than lamb, spring was definitely in the air for us as our online auction house was flooded with green emeralds, pastel-colored gems, Romantic chandelier earrings, and pear-cut pendants to remind us of those gentle spring showers.
Some of last month’s best pieces came from the iconic Art Deco period during the 1920s and 30s. The geometric lines and stylized florals common in this era were perfect for jewelry and allowed designers to incorporate vibrant gemstones like sapphires and jade, as seen in the diamond and sapphire ring below. Wide flexible bracelets, such as the one pictured below, were also on trend using all types of precious stones.
Another beautiful nod to the past in March are the elegant round-cut chandelier earrings inspired by the Belle Époque period. Jewels coming out of this movement were marked by ultra-feminine touches that helped create lavish yet delicate pieces. One of the most notable styles were garlands, using swirling foliate motifs that are often mimicked in styles today.
Beyond the change in weather, spring is a time of renewal for you too! Many people find that spring cleaning can help them transition out of that winter blues. And one of the best parts of spring cleaning is finding ways to reinvent or repurpose those old, unused items for something much better. We love helping our clients sell pieces after a purge, especially when it helps fund a new spring wardrobe or a vacation to shake off the dreariness of winter!
Get into the season by taking a tour through our 10 most stunning items we auctioned in March…
- GIA 5.52 CT pear cut pendant, sold at auction for $49,400.
- Antique GIA 1.5 CT round cut solitaire ring, sold at auction for $4,016.
- Round cut Bvlgari ring, sold at auction for $1,174.
- GIA 2.27 CT marquise cut bridal set, sold at auction for $4,415.
- GIA 1.01 CT cushion cut halo ring, sold at auction for $2,162.
- Antique Art Deco Bracelet, sold at auction for $1,485.
- GIA 1.33 CT round cut bridal ring set, sold at auction for $2,740.
- Round cut chandelier earrings, sold at auction for $1,035.
- Corum poker royal flush watch, sold at auction for $1,125.
- GIA 0.76 CT Emerald cut bridal ring set, sold at auction for $2,097.