We found Desirae by following #singlemom, and we were so impressed with who we found. Desirae is a single mom in the thick of it, and she doesn’t hold anything back. We started featuring her on our blog because we identify her as a success story in the making, and we think a lot of you can find inspiration in that. It’s easy to see some of the successful single moms and feel like what they’ve achieved is something beyond what you’re capable of. Desirae is a perfect example of a woman who is hustling to give her and her daughter the best life possible.
In this episode you’ll hear about how she’s navigating things with her ex, and the struggle of trying to find the right way to let a man she could never depend on, take on the ultimate role of responsibility with her daughter. We know how sensitive this can be for so many of you, and while we can’t fix it, sometimes just talking about it and relating to one another can help in major ways.
On this week’s episode:
- Single motherhood
- Major breakups and how they affect your children
- Surprise pregnancies, and babies out of wedlock
- What small children understand about their parents relationships
- Where to find inspiration to hustle and work hard
- Dealing with the stigma of being a single mom
- The people who help us become our best selves
- How career and work influence your relationship with your children
- The boundaries of talking about an ex online
- The best advice for embracing a fresh start after a break up
Connect with Desirae:
Thanks for listening to “Divorce & Other Things You Can Handle!”
Divorce is the end of one chapter, but it’s also an opportunity to create the life you always dreamed of. You are the author of the story of your life, get some inspiration from “Divorce & Other Things You Can Handle!” The divorce podcast that will keep you thriving as you embrace your fresh start!
Connect with Worthy