Sell a Tiffany Engagement Ring
Last updated: June 26, 2019
Are you looking for an easy way to sell a Tiffany engagement ring that you no longer want or wear? Worthy can help you transform valuable jewelry like your old Tiffany ring into cash. Our platform makes it simple to securely sell Tiffany engagement rings and other diamond jewelry quickly and without worry.
- Why sell your Tiffany engagement ring with Worthy?
- How to sell your Tiffany engagement ring
- The Legacy of Tiffany & Co.
- What factors impact your Tiffany engagement ring’s value?
- Places to sell Tiffany rings
- How to get a fair price for your Tiffany engagement ring
- Items accepted by Worthy
Why Consider Selling Your Tiffany Engagement Ring with Worthy?If you’re like many of our clients, you found us after a quick “Sell my Tiffany Engagement Ring” search online. We’d love to introduce you to our brand and help you discover what makes Worthy stand out from the rest. Here are a few important points to keep in mind while deciding whether you’d like to take advantage of all that we have to offer.
- Better offers. It’s easy to sell your engagement ring for more when multiple buyers compete for it.
- Fast, simple process. Seeking a fair price from one local jeweler after another is a frustrating process. Worthy helps you sell your Tiffany engagement ring on a platform that’s fast and fair as well as convenient. Grading, cleaning, photography, and marketing expertise are important aspects of every sale. Simply schedule FedEx pickup and we’ll handle the rest, ultimately offering your ring to our worldwide network of professional jewelry buyers.
- You’re covered with up to $100,000 in insurance from reputable providers. When sending your Tiffany engagement ring to Worthy for auction, you will receive a prepaid, fully insured shipping label that provides up to $100,000 in coverage. The insurance policy remains in place until your item is sold to the buyer.
- Complimentary grading for every diamond. Understanding what you have is the key to obtaining a fair price for your Tiffany engagement ring. All diamonds are graded at a leading gemological laboratory such as GIA.100% Seller ProtectionWe only trust the best diamond grading lab in the world, GIA, to grade valuables prior to auction. Diamonds sold with GIA grading reports are considered more valuable and can command higher prices.More About Our Seller Protection Policy.
- Work alongside your own account manager. Your Worthy account executive answers your questions and walks you through each step of the process so that you’re never left in the dark. You remain updated as the auction progresses and you always know where your jewelry is and what is happening with it. The process is simple, and our personal touch makes our services best in class. Simply print the shipping label we send you, decide when you’d like FedEx to take care of pickup, and we handle everything else.
Recently Sold Tiffany Rings:
How to sell Your Tiffany Engagement Ring the Smart Way
Submit Your Item. Tell us about your Tiffany engagement ring. Provide information such as setting, shape and carat size, and we'll tell you if it's suitable for auction.
- Secure FedEx Pickup. We’ll provide you with insurance for up to $100,000 and a prepaid shipping label addressed to our headquarters.
- Grading and Auction Preparation. Once your engagement ring arrives at our offices in New York, it is cleaned, professionally photographed, and sent for a complimentary diamond grading at a top gemological lab, such as GIA, so that you know exactly what you have.
- Auction. Professional jewelry buyers are invited to bid on your ring based on the flawless photographs and detailed report. You are able to watch the auction map live as the bids roll in.
- Get Paid. If the highest offer meets or exceeds your reserve price, you get paid almost immediately. If not, you have the option to have your ring returned to you free of charge and fully insured.
The Legacy of Tiffany & Co.Tiffany is one of the most coveted jewelry brands in the world and stands as an American luxury staple. They are well-known for creating some of the most beautiful and famous jewelry, collected by the wealthy for generations. The solitaire Tiffany engagement rings are the most popular with their clean, classic simplicity showing off a flawless sparkling stone. Tiffany prides itself on cutting their diamonds to maximize their brilliance, and the company’s designers are backed by more than 175 years of design heritage that inspire modern masterpieces. Because of their captivating designs and quality craftsmanship, Tiffany engagement rings are timeless symbols that maintain their value through the years.
What Determines Your Tiffany Engagement Ring’s Value?The simple fact that your engagement ring is from Tiffany may make it more valuable than some other store brands with similarly sized diamonds and similar features. When determining your engagement ring’s value, there are a few other features that our gemological partners will take into consideration.
- Condition: Condition plays a very important role in determining how much your Tiffany engagement ring is worth. Most buyers are willing to pay top dollar for Tiffany rings in excellent condition, and those in good condition typically fetch high prices as well. If your ring is badly worn or has deep scratches, it unfortunately won’t be worth as much as the same ring style in good condition.
- 4Cs: You might be familiar with the 4Cs, which refer to diamond Cut, Color, Carat Weight, and Clarity. Tiffany is well-known for using quality diamonds in its rings, and the better the stones, the greater the overall value.
- Diamond Shape & Design Details: Did you know that “cut” and “shape” are two different things? Your diamond’s shape contributes to your Tiffany engagement ring’s resale value. If the shape is currently trending, it’s quite likely that you’ll receive higher bids than you would if your diamond shape isn’t in demand right now. The overall design matters too; if it’s rare or at all unusual, your ring may attract even more attention from bidders.
- Age: Surprisingly, newer isn’t always better. So long as it is in good to excellent condition, a vintage Tiffany engagement ring is likely to be very interesting to buyers. Don’t worry: Contemporary styles are always in demand as well.
Places to Sell Tiffany RingsWhether you’re planning to sell your Tiffany engagement ring to pay for something new or if you’re giving it up for a different reason, you may find that a few different avenues are available. Of all the approaches presented here, Worthy is safest and more often than not, makes the most sense.
- eBay – eBay is a buyer’s paradise but these days many hopeful sellers receive outlandishly low offers or no offers at all. Because there are so many fakes presented as the real thing, buyers are wary, particularly if sellers are new. You must provide photos, a description, and other details on your own. If you’re among the lucky five percent of jewelry sellers who manage to make a sale, then you must also pack, insure, and ship your item to the buyer. eBay has a safety net for sellers but it can be difficult to navigate. You’re at the mercy of the buyer when it comes to payment, claims of non-receipt, and claims that your item wasn’t as described – even if it is perfect.
- Pawn shops – If you’re in a hurry and you need cash in 24 hours or less, your local pawn shop is probably your best bet. The pawn industry is tightly regulated, and most pawn shops are safe places to sell Tiffany engagement rings and other jewelry. The biggest downside is that you will not receive fair market value for your item when you sell it to a pawn shop since the business must turn a profit and cover overhead costs.
- Consignment shops - Consignment stores are generally very safe to work with, but the typical consignment fee is between 20 and 50 percent of the sale so you’re not going to receive fair market value of your Tiffany engagement ring if you choose this option. Additionally, it could take weeks or even months for the right buyer to walk in the door and purchase your ring.
- Local jewelry stores – Sometimes jewelry stores can offer a great value and topping it off, most are very safe to work with. Unfortunately the majority have to cover exorbitant business expenses and it simply doesn’t make sense to offer fair market value for preowned Tiffany or other jewelry. Many prefer to maximize profitability by purchasing wholesale jewelry; in general, most (but not all) jewelers aren’t interested in purchasing from individuals. If you do opt to try for a local sale, we recommend getting multiple offers and choosing the best one. It takes time to shop around but it’s certainly worthwhile.
- Worthy – At Worthy, we help clients sell Tiffany engagement rings and other jewelry in a safe, transparent environment. Day in and day out, we handle the entire auction process from grading to preparation to shipping the item to its new owner. We cater to our sellers, arranging for insurance and secure shipping to our facility via FedEx. We keep you informed and in the event that you are not happy with the final bid, we return your item at no cost. From the time you decide to explore your options to the auction’s end, the process takes an average of two weeks or less. Buyers may not back out, and your money is transferred to you via the preferred method once the sale is complete.