Sell Your A Lange Söhne Watch For More
Last updated: April 03, 2019
Welcome to Worthy, the largest network of pre-owned watch buyers and timepiece experts. If you are looking for the fastest way to sell your A. Lange & Söhne watch and get the highest market value, our signature online auction platform is the perfect solution.
With years of specialization in the luxury watch business, our partner evaluators will carry out an accurate evaluation of your Lange luxury watch, at no cost whatsoever. Since Worthy is not the actual purchaser of your watch, all evaluations are conducted with the utmost objectivity. Our main interest is to make sure that the auction process is handled with complete transparency and fairness for both the sellers and the buyers.
Sell Lange Watches on a Site You Can TRUSTWorthy is fully certified by the Office of Consumer Credit Commissioner, holds an official a precious metal dealer certificate and maintains an excellent BBB rating. We always conduct business according to government regulations, so you can feel confident that our online platform is the safest place to sell to sell Lange watches.
To guarantee the safety of your luxury watch while it is in our possession, we cover the cost of full insurance so it is protected in transit and while it is kept at our facilities.
100% Seller Protection
We trust CentralWatch to confirm the authenticity of watches auctioned on Worthy, providing detailed descriptions that buyers can trust.
More About Our Seller Protection Policy.
Selling Lange Watches is Easy
If you request an evaluation for your watch right now, you could have a trending market price from Worthy before even going to auction. Just follow these steps:
- Provide a basic description of your watch characteristics and a clear image.
- Based on your description, similar sales and preliminary bids, you’ll receive a trending market price for your Lange watch. We will also provide a FedEx shipping label for you to print out at home when you choose to proceed.
- Your watch will arrive at our headquarters, where it will be authenticated, photographed, and prepared for auction.
- The Worthy Auction Platform will compile competing bids for your watch for up to 24 hours. You will then be alerted of the highest bid for your Lange watch and requested to give it the final sign off.
- After you approve the highest bid, the final transactions will be handled by Worthy. The only thing left to do is choose your preferred payment method and receive your money almost immediately.
About Lange Watches
A. Lange & Söhne (A Lung E Zu Ne) is a German watch brand that was revived following the reunification of the West and East of Germany. Stylish, classic and timeless best describe the image of this high-end watch manufacturer. Founded in 1845 by Ferdinand Adolph Lange, the company began producing pocket watches. Under the leadership of many generations of the Lange family, the company continued with their pocket watch line and began to manufacture over-sized wrist watches for the German air force in World War II.
The company’s property was confiscated in 1948 by the Soviet administration and operations ceased. However, after the fall of the East German government in 1990, Ferdinand’s great-grandson, Walter Lange, and partner Günter Blümlein revived the company with the support of Swiss watch manufacturers.
Almost all of Lange watches consist of mechanical movements rather than quartz. The cases are crafted of gold or platinum and movements are fabricated from metal called “German Silver”, which is an alloy of nickel and copper instead of the typically used plated brass. This gives Lange movements a unique color and luster.
Recently Auctioned Watches:
Lange Watches Sold at Worthy
1815 Up and Down: This model boasts an off-center seconds and power reserve indicator. Available in white gold, rose gold and yellow gold, the 1815 Up and Down has a size of 39 mm. Being just 8.7 mm thick, it fits perfectly under any cuff.
Grand Lange 1 Lumen: This newer model is an updated version of the company’s legendary Lange 1 watch. It keeps the traditional offsett dial layout and oversized date display, influenced by the “Five-Minute Clock” at the Semper Opera House is Dresden, but introduces a semi-opaque dial.
Loved having someone do all the work for me.
April Ann Wells · Dallas, Texas
A Rolex Watch
Watch Evaluations: What to Look for When You Sell Lange Watches
Below are some of the main elements that watch specialists will take into consideration when they evaluate Lange watches.
- The date of fabrication
- Condition of the watch (like new, weathered, broken, etc.)
- Tangible proof of purchase present
- Original packaging present
- Presence of diamonds or other gems
- Strap material
- Model and function