Sell Gold Online For More Today
Many precious metals tarnish and react with the sulphur in air, gold on the other hand has chemical compounds that allow it to withstand over time. That's why we place particular value on gold. Many people sell gold to investors who buy it to hedge against political or economic currency crises. This is because gold is a safe and easily liquidated asset to possess. The demand for physical gold is very strong providing ample opportunity for individuals looking to sell their gold jewelry. Individuals hoping to sell gold bars or sell gold bullion will find that demand is high as well.
How Much Is Gold Worth?
Currently, the price of gold is influenced by supply and demand, in addition to speculation. The majority of the world's total mined gold still exists today in accessible forms, like bullion and jewelry. This form of gold has great potential in the resale market providing money for gold. In the past few years, the quantity of pre-owned jewelry re-entering the market has turned into a multi-billion dollar industry. Many companies offer high market value prices to gold jewelry sellers.
GOLD BULLION: Coins, Bars, and Jewelry
Bullion is usually gold in the form of bars, ingots, or coins. Bullion maintains its value throughout the ages. It is a physical and timeless asset that can be stored securely, protected and is not devalued in the way money is. It’s worth is often preserved unlike conventional currencies and is therefore kept as a form of emergency funds. Bullion is a safe and easily liquidated asset that offers certainty as it continues to hold value.
HOW TO SELL GOLD COINS
A great way to exchange money for gold is to sell gold coins. Gold coins often feature attractive designs or even have historic value. Similar to gold bars, the prices of gold coins are not fixed and depend on a number of variables including its weight, gold content and the gold spot price. A commonly asked question is “what are the best ways to sell gold coins”. A good place to start is determining its’ current value through evaluation and authentication. Once you know your coin’s value, the next question is where to sell gold coins. Worthy offers a safe, reputable, and easy way to sell gold coins while providing guidance through the entire process.
HOW TO SELL GOLD BARS
As a symbol of luxury, gold’s worth is recognized and considered valuable internationally. A common form of owning gold is through gold bars. Gold bars were originally designed for easy storage and safekeeping as they are portable, private and long-lasting. Gold bars can easily be liquidated creating money for gold. An important thing to note when selling gold bars is that all bars do not have the same value, even if they are similar in weight and size.
Selling Gold: Factors to Consider
There are four main factors to consider when selling gold bars.
- The current price spot of gold- This means the current market’s dollar value for one pure ounce of gold. It is good to note that the gold spot price varies minute to minute.
- Gold Bar weight and purity- Most gold bars are stamped on the front or back with the weight/purity specifications. For the most part, gold bars are either .9999 or .999 pure. If the bar is not marked it may be copper or bronze and should be authenticated.
- Gold bar melt value- After obtaining the information about the purity and gold spot price, one can ask a buyer to estimate the melt value.
- Premium- A premium refers to the price added to the melt value of a gold bar. Calculation of the premium can depend on things such as the demand and cost of production.
Where to Sell Gold
- eBay- Though eBay has a high rate of traffic, there’s no predictability with its bidding system. eBay is convenient but has a major problem with the lack of experts or specialists involved in the process. This means there are no verification or authenticity checks, allowing one to be vulnerable to scams. Due to this process, buyers will be looking for a history of selling gold before even considering a bid. It is also unlikely to receive the true value of your gold due to the process having no professional supervision.
- Pawn Shops - Pawn shops are good for quick cash, but not value. A pawn shop can be a fast option but don’t expect high returns when selling your gold. The staff in pawn shops are not trained in precious metals and therefore may not provide an accurate evaluation. Since pawn shops deal with quick cash and turnovers, the offer will almost always start lower than the actual value.
- Local Stores- Local stores reflect retail prices which are marked up significantly. When local jewelers buy pieces like gold coins or bars, they will normally sell them to a dealer, who will then sell them to a wholesaler. This chain makes the process more expensive leading local jewelers to offer a lower value deal.
- Worthy- Worthy has developed a safe and simple way to sell your gold. By only selling to qualified buyers, worthy ensures you get the best value for your gold. The entire process is convenient and can be completed from your home. Worthy completely understands apprehension, especially when working with an online company. Worthy covers the insurance, shipping and professional authentication and evaluations, presenting it to professionals and vetted buyers. Most importantly, your gold is kept safe and secure the entire time and always offered the option to decline the sale. Worthy will return your gold items to you fully insured, free of charge. Learn more about how to sell gold with Worthy.
SELL UNWANTED GOLD ONLINE WITH WORTHY
Worthy offers a safe, reputable, and easy way to sell gold coins while providing guidance through the entire process. Worthy is an online auction marketplace for pre-owned jewelry, gold, and watches that helps clients sell in a smart and secure way. If you’re looking to sell gold in the forms of bars, bullion, coins and other gold items, we’re here to help. When selling with Worthy, your gold items are evaluated by top industry experts, cleaned, photographed and auctioned to a nationwide network of professional gold buyers who compete for your valuables, assuring a fair market value.
GOLD ITEMS ACCEPTED BY WORTHY
Our clients rely on us for help when it comes time to sell gold bars and sell gold bullion. In addition, Worthy accepts a variety of precious metals including gold and silver coins and bars. We also accept all forms of jewelry and objects made from gold as well as items made from platinum, silver, and palladium. Accepted gold items and other precious metals:
- Alloyed gold items made in 9, 10, 14, 18, 20, and 22 karat gold
- Pure 24 karat bars
- 22 karat and 24 karat gold coins
- 925 sterling silver and 900 silver coins
- 950 and 900 platinum and palladium
HOW TO SELL YOUR GOLD WITH WORTHY:
- Description. Briefly tell us about the gold items you want to sell.
- Trending Price. Based on the description and similar gold items auctioned on our platform, we’ll formulate a trending price.
- Evaluation. You will receive a prepaid, fully insured FedEx shipping label addressed to our facilities for authentication and evaluation.
- Reserve Price. After thorough cleaning and evaluation, we’ll take HD photographs of your gold items to display at auction. At this stage, you are given the opportunity to set a reserve price.
- Auction. Buyers are invited to view and place competitive bids on your valuables. If the highest bid meets or exceeds the reserve price, the sale is confirmed and the money is sent to you. If the auction ends below the reserve price, you have the option to decline the sale and we will return your gold items to you fully insured, free of charge.
Until your gold items are sold, they will be stored in a highly secured vault at Worthy's headquarters and insured throughout the entire process. At Worthy, we’re proud to offer an easy way to sell gold online. We’ll be happy to help you get better offers for your gold jewelry and other items while providing transparency, objectivity, and security. Our customer reviews are a testament to our high level of professionalism.