How to Sell Luxury WatchesAs a luxury watch owner, you know that when it comes time to sell your watch, you shouldn’t trust just anyone. You need a company of watch experts -- a company that knows the market, and that knows how to get you the highest market value possible for your valued timepiece. Whether it’s a Rolex, Patek Philippe, Cartier, or any of the many luxury brands we specialize in, when you sell your watch on Worthy.com, our watch experts will make sure you receive the highest offer possible from the hundreds of watch buyers that participate in our daily auctions.
Why Sell My Watch with Worthy?
We get you the most for your luxury watch. Worthy.com specializes in helping people to sell luxury watches. We know the market, and have the expertise that can help you receive the highest market value possible.
We bring the market to you. Worthy.com finds hundreds of qualified, interested watch buyers from across the nation, presents your watch for auction and facilitates the bidding process. There is no need to go around to multiple to local watch shops.
We value trust and transparency. We hold a Secondhand Dealer's License issued by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs and are accredited by the BBB. Additionally, all items are insured both while in our secure facility and in transit, giving you the peace of mind that you deserve.
We are experts. Because all luxury watches are unique, we take great care in selecting the evaluator who is best qualified to authenticate and describe its qualities. For evaluating watches in the highest detail possible, we trust CentralWatch an iconic watch shop located in Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
How You Can Get the Highest Market Value for Your Luxury Watch
- Our unique auction platform targets interested and qualified watch buyers across the nation to bid for your watch– making sure you receive the highest price possible.
- We cover all of the logistics and expenses of shipping, insuring and presenting your watch at auction, all the way to the end watch buyer.
- When you sell a luxury watch, the quality of your photographs can greatly affect the perceived value. Worthy.com takes the guesswork out of how to photograph your watch– our experts do everything for you, assuring the highest offers possible.
Watches We Auction
Extraordinary ValueMany luxury watch owners aren’t aware of the potential value of their timepieces. In November of 2013, a 1957 Patek Philippe fetched 2.2 million at auction, with another model selling for 1.6 million. While this is an unusual case, in general, luxury watches can increase in value and prestige over time, and could potentially be worth significantly more than you think.
What Will Affect the Value of My Watch?
- Limited production numbers
- Brand and model
- The seal of Geneva (Swiss Made)
- Manufacturer-made movements
- Construction using precious metals
- High quality jewels and stones
- Age and history of the watch
- Quality of the clasp and band
How to Sell a Luxury Watch on Worthy
- Complete our short questionnaire and send us a picture of your timepiece.
- Based on the description, similar transactions and preliminary bids of interested watch buyers, we’ll provide you with a market value estimate.
- If you are satisfied with our estimate, we will provide you with a pre-paid shipping label addressed to our facilities for a full physical evaluation.
- The experts at CentralWatch will examine your watch and describe it in the most detail possible. We will then take HD photographs of the piece to present at auction.
- Your watch is then promoted to targeted watch buyers across the world who have been vetted and accepted to our watch buyer program. Buyers place bids on the item, and at the end of the auction, you are able to accept or decline the highest offer. Once you accept, you will receive your cash almost immediately, and we take care of shipping the item to the buyer. Every transaction made is guaranteed with no possibility of the buyer backing out.
Popular Luxury Watch Brands & Models
- Rolex: Oyster, Oyster Perpetual, Cellini, Submariner
- Cartier: Santos, Tank, Pasha, Calibre
- Tag Heuer: Formula One, Aquaracer, Carrera, Monaco
- Bulgari: Ergon, Diagono
- Patek Philippe: Aquanaut, Calatrava,
- Breguet: Tradition, Marine, Heritage
- Panerai: Granturismo, Luminor, Scuderia
- Jaeger-LeCoultre: Amvox3, Amvox5, Amvox7
- IWC: DaVinci Portofino, Ingenieur, Portuguese
- Hublot: Big Bang, King Power, Classic Fusion
- Audemars Piguet: Royal Oak, Millenary, Jules Audemars
- Blancpain: Villeret, Leman, Le Brassus
Why Should I Trust Worthy Over My Local Watch Buyer?
We understand why you may want to go to a watch shop near you as it is a familiar and trusted place to buy and sell watches. There may however be some downsides to going to your local watch dealer. Beginning with one thing, bias. Watch shop owners have a business to run and may not profit from buying your watch, especially if you have no plans to immediately replace it. While they may certainly be trustworthy, their priorities, and thus their offer may differ from that of a large marketplace such as Worthy. We take pride in offering the trust and familiarity of a watch shop nearby, with the power of an auction platform.