Sell Your Wedding Ring With Ease Today
Are you looking for a simple way to sell an unwanted wedding ring? Whether you’re looking for an easy way to transform old jewelry into usable cash, Worthy can help. Our platform is secure, smart & fast – so you can sell the items you’ve fallen out of love with for money you can use right away.
- Why selling your wedding ring with Worthy?
- How to sell your wedding ring with Worthy
- What factors affect your wedding ring’s value?
- Places to sell your wedding ring
- How to get a fair price for your wedding ring
Why Sell Your Wedding Ring With Worthy?
- Better offers. Worthy’s professional buyers’ network sets our platform apart. With access to our nationwide network of professional, pre-vetted jewelry buyers, you benefit as multiple buyers compete. This way, you get more for your wedding ring than you would when offering it to a single buyer.
- Prepaid, fully insured shipping. When you submit your ring, you’ll be provided with a printable shipping label. Full insurance of up to $100,000 covers your item every step of the way, from the moment your ring is in the shipper’s hands to the moment it is sold to the highest bidder.
- Complimentary grading. Understanding key features of your ring is vital to receiving a fair price for it. We partner with the world’s best gemological labs such as GIA, where your item is graded, cleaned, and photographed prior to sale.
- Simple process. Instead of driving from one jeweler to the next in hopes of receiving a fair offer, simply print a shipping label, schedule a FedEx pickup, and we’ll do the rest. Grading, cleaning, photos, and marketing are taken care of on your behalf.
- Work with a dedicated account manager. When you sell your wedding ring with Worthy, you’ll work side by side with an account manager who will walk you through every step of the process and keep you updated along the way. You will always know what’s happening with your jewelry.
How To Sell Online With Worthy
Free Secure Pickup - Describe your valuable and schedule a secure shipment. Your item will be shipped to our offices via FedEx and is insured for up to $100,000 by Lloyds of London.
We Do All The Work - Once your item arrives at our offices, it is screened and put into our secure tracking system.
We get your valuable ready for auction by carefully cleaning it and having beauty shots taken by professional photographers.
Then it’s off to be graded by an industry-leading diamond lab like GIA, GSI, or IGI. Watches are inspected by Central Watch in NYC.
Now it’s time to create an auction listing, complete with the lab grading and beauty shot.
Set your reserve price, either by using our recommended price guarantee or setting a manual reserve price.
Start your auction!
Get paid - As offers from vetted professionals come in, you decide what offer to choose. Once the auction has concluded, you will receive the final sale amount minus our commission. Choose a payment method and get paid fast.
What Determines a Wedding Ring’s Value?
- 4Cs: Cut, Carat weight, Color, and Clarity are four key considerations in determining a diamond’s value. The better the diamonds in your wedding ring, the more you are likely to receive. Diamond shape matters, too; if your diamonds are in a shape that’s currently trending, demand will be higher and you will be more likely to enjoy higher bids as a result.
- Brand: Designer brands typically sell for more, but this is just one of several factors that buyers consider when determining how to bid.
- Condition: When selling your wedding rings, it’s important to understand that condition plays a major role in how buyers bid. Most buyers want rings that are in good or excellent condition. If your rings are scratched or worn, they’re still likely to attract attention since some of our buyers want raw materials that can be used in new designs. Be sure to address any concerns with your account executive.
- Age: You might think that brand new wedding rings would fetch the best prices but this isn’t always true. In fact, some buyers prefer vintage rings for their unique features. Our marketing experts use terminology designed to attract buyers who are interested in wedding rings of different ages, so the market determines the ultimate price.
- Originality of Design: Buyers are eager to purchase unique wedding rings, so interesting design details tend to attract lots of attention at auction.
LATEST SUCCESS STORIES
Places to Sell Wedding Rings
- Local jewelry stores. Most jewelry stores exist with the main purpose of selling new jewelry that they’ve purchased wholesale. A few stores do offer good value and these are generally very safe to deal with. The main drawback is that it can be very difficult not only to find a store that is interested in buying your wedding rings, but also to find one that is capable of offering fair market value. If you prefer to work locally, this is going to be your safest bet. However, know that you will have to shop around, get estimates, and compare in order to receive the best possible deal.
- Consignment shops. There are two main drawbacks to working with consignment shops. First is the amount of time it’s likely to take the right buyer to come in the door; second is the very high cost of consignment. On average, consignment stores charge 20 to 50 percent of the sale and you receive whatever is left. Like jewelry stores and pawn shops, consignment stores are usually safe to work with. We recommend reading reviews and thoroughly checking the shop’s policies before making a commitment to sell your wedding rings.
- Pawn shops. Pawn shops have been popular for thousands of years, with everyone from ancient Greeks and Romans to royalty using their services as a fast method of receiving cash for jewelry. These days, pawn shops are well-regulated, mostly safe places to do business. On the other hand, it’s not likely that you will receive much for your jewelry should you decide to pawn it. Still, pawn shops are a reliable source of very quick cash in the event you need to liquify your wedding rings and turn them into usable money in the span of a day or less.
- eBay. eBay is a great place to buy all kinds of things and it was once a good place to sell wedding rings online. These days, many sellers find themselves disappointed by low bids or no bids at all. Furthermore, trust has become an issue; not with the platform itself, but with buyers not trusting sellers that have not established a good reputation. Only about five percent of diamond jewelry offered for sale on eBay sells, leading to major frustration for the seller. It’s true that you get to set your opening price here, however you are saddled with everything from photographing your item and describing it to covering insurance, shipping, and other costs.
- Worthy. At Worthy, we handle everything from shipping to insurance to professional 3D photography - and more. Your item is insured for up to $100,000 throughout the entire process, and our marketing experts have the tools and ability to attract multiple professional, pre-vetted buyers to bid on your wedding rings so that you receive the best price possible. Pre-sale evaluation by top gemological laboratories such as GIA enhances buyer trust. From start to finish, the entire process typically takes less than two weeks. Once bidding has ended and the sale is complete, money is transferred to you via the method you prefer.
How to Get a Fair Price for Your Wedding Ring?
Recently Sold Wedding Rings:
- Diamond jewelry containing diamonds over .5 carats
- Loose diamonds over .5 carats
- Luxury watches