Sell Your Glashutte Original Watch
Last updated: April 17, 2019
Welcome to Worthy.com, the experts in selling your luxury watch. We at Worthy pride ourselves in our expertise, ethical business practices, professionalism, and most of all, our success in getting clients the most money possible for their valuable items.
- We utilize our unique auction platform to put your Glashutte Original in front of qualified watch buyers who have shown interest in bidding on your type of luxury watch.
- Having a digital storefront allows us to avoid many of the expenses that standard brick and mortar shops need to pay. These savings allow us to compensate you with the highest value possible when you sell a Glashutte Original.
- Our appraisal offerings are top-notch and carried out by the best in the watch industry. Beyond that, they are entirely objective and serve the purpose of authenticating and accurately describing you luxury watch to the bidders.
A Trustworthy Appraisal When You Sell Glashutte Original
The quality and experience of an appraiser is one of the most important factors that a watch buyer takes into consideration when purchasing a pre-owned luxury watch. We are well aware of this importance, and because every watch is unique we work diligently to match your Glashutte Original watch with the appraiser most qualified to evaluate it. Because of this level of expertise, our buyers and sellers trust our appraisal process. Perhaps best of all, appraisals are conducted at no cost to you. In addition, because the items are being purchased by third party auction members, our appraisers have no conflict of interest when evaluating your item. We have the same goal as you: to get you the highest possible price.
How to Sell Your Glashutte Original in Five Easy Steps:
- Complete a short form, and send us pictures of your Glashutte Original. Include any documentation, receipts, or previous appraisals.
- Using the information you have provided, we will source similar transactions and preliminary bids to develop a market value estimate of your Glashutte Original.
- Along with the estimate, we will provide you with a prepaid insured shipping label addressed to our state-of the-art-facilities to be prepared for auction including an evaluation, cleaning, and professional photoshoot.
- Then your Glashutte Original is put up for auction where knowledgeable buyers will compete for your watch.
- Once the auction ends, you will be presented with the highest offer. Upon accepting the highest offer, you will get your money almost immediately.
About Glashutte Original
In 1845, watchmaker Ferdinand Adolph Lang founded the first ever watch firm in Glashutte, Germany, straying away from the tradition of watchmakers moving to Switzerland to open their companies. Based on Lang’s success, other German watchmakers began to flock to Glashutte to design their own watches, and Glashutte began to make a name for itself. The Glashutte Original brand began as many luxury watch brands do - by manufacturing precision pocket watches. In 1865, they had designed a model so perfectly that it was produced exactly same way for over 80 years, from the design to the manufacturing. Glashutte also produced pendulum (grandfather) clocks, which were used in watchmaking facilities as a method of keeping extremely accurate time in order to verify the accuracy of the pocket and wristwatches produced. The pendulum clocks produced by Glashutte were so accurate, that watchmakers throughout Germany used them to determine the accuracy of their own timepieces. During the 1960’s and 1970’s, Glashutte Original introduced the Spezimatic and the Spezichron, two watches that had a completely unique designs for the time period. Glashutte Original continued the trend of innovation and excellence in design, and notably won watch of the year in the year 2000 with the Senator Perpetual Calendar watch, discussed further below.
After being acquired by the Swatch group in the early 2000’s, amid continual expansion, Glashutte Original opened two boutique stores in Germany - a further testament to the company’s growth and success.
The Senator Perpetual Calendar
The Senator Perpetual Calendar has been produced since 1997, and is one of Glashutte Original’s most prestigious watches. Since it’s original design, the watch has become more contemporary, but have retained the same elegance and expert craftsmanship associated with the original design. In addition to the month and day indicators, the Senator Perpetual Calendar boasts a gorgeous moon-phase indicator with a bright silver moon. Rare models of the Senator Perpetual Calendar can sell for as much as $30,000 or more.
Tips For Selling Your Glashutte Original Online
The general rule when selling your Glashutte Original online is the more detailed you are, the more accurate an initial offer will be. This includes:
- Locating the serial number, model number, & production year
- Including any certificates, previous appraisals, or receipts
- Providing original Box Set
- Including pictures of the front, back, and buckle
When selling your Glashutte Original, you can trust Worthy to get you the most for your watch, in the shortest time, with the least effort.