Diamond Consignment Made Easy
Last updated: March 03, 2020
Looking for the right place to sell your diamond through consignment can be a lengthy process. Worthy offers an alternative with an online auction house where diamonds can be sold by professionals on your behalf, giving you a better chance of getting a high price.
While the traditional consignment shop was once a convenient way to sell your items, diamond consignment has come a long way with the help of Worthy. Rather than your diamonds sitting in a jewelry store waiting for the right buyer to come along, your diamonds are presented to an audience of relevant, active buyers. Better yet, the entire process can be done securely from the comfort of your home.
An Alternative to Traditional Diamond ConsignmentAt Worthy, we offer all the value of convenience when helping you sell your diamond. We want to make the process as simple and secure as possible while keeping you informed throughout. Unlike traditional consignment, we work to make sure your diamond appeals to potential buyers with cleaning, professional photography and grading. Our buyers have been vetted and your diamond will be shown to the most relevant buyers in our network to give you the highest possible price.
We at Worthy know how important security and transparency are for you while trusting us with your valuables. We use FedEx for fully insured trackable shipping and keep you updated for every step of your item’s journey, from grading to auction and payment. All of this is part of our mission to make diamond consignment fast, simple and secure.
I received more than any jeweler in town would give me. Very safe, and comfortable process!
Cheryl Aveni · South Euclid, Ohio
A Diamond Ring
How Worthy’s Diamond Consignment Works
- Describe your diamond or diamond ring and upload a few photos of it. Based on the provided information, we’ll conduct a market value analysis, resulting in a trending price.
- We’ll provide you with a fully insured FedEx shipping label addressed to our headquarters.
- When your diamond arrives we will photograph it and have it professionally graded at the GIA laboratory located near our offices.
- The e-Diamond report and professional photos will be made available to you and the buyers interested in bidding on your diamond.
- All you have to do is sit back, relax, and watch the offers roll in with the live auction viewer. If the auction meets the reserve price that you agreed to, the bid will be automatically approved and the money is yours! If not, you can reject the bid and your valuable will be returned to you, free of charge and fully insured.
Worthy's Buyers NetworkWith consignment shops, traditionally your diamond would be displayed with other similar diamonds, only visible to passersby. But better offers are always out there, beyond the local reach of the store. When your diamond is up for auction on our platform, it is shown to actively interested buyers who are able to offer competitive bids, resulting in a great deal for you and a good purchase for the buyer. This process is not only quick and simple but most rewarding to you as a seller.
LATEST SUCCESS STORIES
See what sellers on our marketplace have to say:
Which Types of Diamonds Are Accepted for Consignment?We accept a wide range of diamonds including:
- Shapes: round, princess, cushion, oval, pear, heart, emerald, marquise, asscher, radiant and baguette.
- Clarity: FL, IF, VVS2, VS1, VS2, SI1, SI2, SI3, I1, I2, I3
- Color: D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, Fancy.
- Grading reports from labs including GIA, EGL, IGI, AGS and GSI.
- Both loose and mounted diamonds.
- Single diamonds and pieces with multiple stones. A single diamond must be 0.75ct or larger. For pieces with multiple diamonds smaller than that, the diamond melee totals must be greater than 0.75ct.
- We can only accept natural diamonds.
Recently Auctioned Items:
Diamond GradingA big part of our diamond selling process is diamond grading by leading gemological labs, including GIA and IGI. Instead of an appraisal value that is biased and set by the consigning jeweler, we focus on getting the facts to the buyers with a diamond grading report. When diamond buyers have facts about a diamond, they are more confident when bidding online, and are more likely to place a higher bid, not having to leave room for error.
Objective grading reports are not a given when working with a jeweler to consign your diamond. This is something special that Worthy covers the cost for and provides so that you can have peace of mind, and buyers can bid with full confidence, resulting in a better deal for you.
100% Seller Protection
We only trust the best diamond grading lab in the world, GIA, to grade valuables prior to auction. Diamonds sold with GIA grading reports are considered more valuable and can command higher prices.
More About Our Seller Protection Policy.
Smart Diamond Consignment with WorthyConsigning your diamond with Worthy could not be easier. It’s a fast and secure way to turn your unneeded diamonds into cash with no extra effort on your end. Our online auction platform gives you access to a community of interested buyers who are ready to buy at a trending market price.
Do you have more questions about how to sell your diamond through consignment with Worthy? Get in touch with our auction experts for more information, either by phone or email, and start selling your diamonds today.