Sell Your Diamond Earrings Today
Last updated: March 03, 2020
If you’re looking for an easy, smart way to sell earrings that you no longer wear, we’re here to help. With personalized services created to provide a worry-free experience for people like you, we make it simple to sell diamond earrings and more.
- Why sell your earrings with Worthy?
- How to sell your earrings
- What factors impact the value of your earrings?
- Places to sell earrings
- How to get a fair price for your earrings
- Items accepted by Worthy
Why Sell Your Earrings with Worthy?Better offers. It’s easier to sell your earrings for more when multiple buyers compete.
Fast, simple process. Many of our clients tell stories about the frustration they felt when seeking a fair price from local jewelers. Worthy is different: we help you sell your earrings quickly on a fair, convenient platform. Grading, cleaning, photography, and marketing expertise are part of every sale. Simply schedule FedEx pickup and we’ll handle the rest, ultimately offering your earrings to our worldwide network of professional jewelry buyers.
You’re covered with up to $100,000 in insurance from reputable providers. When sending your earrings to Worthy for auction, you will receive a prepaid, fully insured shipping label that provides up to $100,000 in coverage. Insurance remains in place until your item is sold to the buyer.
Complimentary grading for every diamond. Understanding what you have is the key to obtaining a fair price for your earrings. All diamonds are graded at a leading gemological laboratory such as GIA.
Work with your own account manager. Your Worthy account executive answers your questions and walks you through each step of the process so that you’re never left in the dark. You remain updated as the auction progresses and you always know where your earrings are and what is happening with them.
How to Sell Earrings the Smart Way:
- Submit Your Item. Tell us about your earrings. We ask you to provide basic information such as setting, shape and carat size, and afterward, we let you know if they are suitable for auction.
- Secure FedEx Pickup. We’ll provide you with insurance for up to $100,000 and a prepaid shipping label addressed to our headquarters.Luxury Item ProtectionWorthy provides up to $100,000 in insurance coverage for every shipment. We trust Lloyd's of London, a global leader in insurance since 1688, to protect all valuables auctioned on our platform.Click here for more about our item protection policy
- Grading and Auction Preparation. Once your earrings arrive at our offices in New York, it is cleaned, professionally photographed, and sent for a complimentary grading at a top gemological lab, such as GIA, so that you know exactly what you have.100% Seller ProtectionWe only trust the best diamond grading lab in the world, GIA, to grade valuables prior to auction. Diamonds sold with GIA grading reports are considered more valuable and can command higher prices.More About Our Seller Protection Policy.
- Auction. Professional jewelry buyers are invited to bid on your earrings based on the flawless photographs and detailed report. You are able to watch the auction map live as the bids roll in.
- Get Paid. If the highest offer meets or exceeds your reserve price, you get paid almost immediately. If not, you have the option to have your earrings returned to you free of charge and fully insured.
What Determines Earrings Value?The type and weight of precious metal can influence the resale value of earrings. There are several other factors that determine earring value as well.
- Brand: Certain jewelry brands are in high demand, particularly on the resale market. If you have earrings from Tiffany, Cartier, Harry Winston, or another top jeweler, it’s possible that they may fetch more than similar earrings from a lesser-known brand.
Style: It’s very easy to sell diamond stud earrings with Worthy as these are always in style. Other classic styles are top sellers too. If your earrings look dated, they may not fetch as much as trending and/or classic earring styles.
4Cs: If your earrings contain diamonds, the 4Cs will contribute to their value. As with other jewelry, the better the diamonds, the more your items are likely to be worth! Cut, Color, Carat weight, and Clarity are considered during the grading process. Knowing what you have is one of the most important keys to determining the value of pre-owned earrings.
Condition: Our buyers love it when people sell earrings in good to excellent condition, and they show their appreciation by paying more.
Age: If you’re looking to sell vintage or antique diamond earrings, it’s possible that these will attract quite a bit of attention! Newer earrings tend to sell very well too; our buyers are eager to purchase earrings from every era, particularly if they have unique features.
Places to Sell EarringsThere are quite a few places to sell pre-owned earrings. Of these, Worthy is the smartest option as well as the safest.
Jewelry Stores: Some jewelry stores buy diamond earrings and other styles, however it’s unusual to receive fair market value when you choose this route since jewelers have high overhead costs to cover and as most prefer to buy wholesale and make a profit via retail markups. If you’re considering the idea of selling earrings to a jewelry store, try to get a few different quotes so that you can maximize your return.
Consignment Shops: Many consignment shops resell earrings on behalf of their clients. While this process is typically as safe as selling to a jewelry store, consignment fees are very high, typically around 20 to 50 percent of the asking price. There is a second drawback: All too often, items sit in a display case for weeks or months until they attract the attention of an interested buyer. It can take a long time to receive payment if you choose to sell earrings at a consignment shop.
eBay: eBay is a dream for buyers who want to pay as little as possible for outstanding merchandise. This is bad news for you, as it is rare to receive fair market value when selling earrings on eBay. Worse yet, only about five percent of diamond jewelry offered for sale actually sells. Because scams and counterfeit items are common, so buyers are wary about sellers who don’t already have stellar reputations. There are lots of shady buyers on the platform too so proceed with caution and use the safety mechanisms the company has set in place if eBay is your choice.
Pawn Shops: Pawn shops are typically safe as they are governed by strict regulations. You can usually get quick cash for earrings when you sell to a pawn shop, which is very helpful in case of a financial emergency. If you’re in dire need and you must liquefy your jewelry immediately, a pawn shop might be the best option.
Worthy: Besides our exceptional customer care processes, Worthy offers safety, security, and full insurance. The entire process takes about two weeks to complete, and your money is sent to you as soon as you agree to the final bid. Because our buyers are eager to compete for quality earrings and other fine jewelry, our sellers aren’t forced to accept a price set by a single individual or corporation. The competitive atmosphere drives prices higher, so you truly receive fair market value for your earrings.
Recent Diamond Earrings Deals:
How to Get a Fair Price for Your EarringsThe easiest way to ensure that you receive a fair offer when selling earrings is to take advantage of Worthy’s streamlined auction process. By allowing us to handle grading, photography, and marketing on your behalf, you ensure that your earrings attract plenty of attention from our qualified buyers. It’s not unusual for more than 100 buyers to compete for a single pair of earrings and this means that the final selling price is typically far higher than what you’d receive if you worked with a single buyer. Selling your earrings with Worthy means maximum exposure and a fair price.
Earrings Accepted by WorthyBecause our buyers are discriminating, we are careful to offer only the best. At Worthy, we accept earrings made of precious metals, whether they contain precious stone settings or not.
The most popular types include:
- Stud earrings
- Jacket earrings
- Cluster earrings
- Drop earrings
- Chandelier earrings
- Hoop earrings
- Huggie earrings
Worthy can help you sell your earrings whether they are clip-on or pierced styles, and we can help you sell multiple pairs at once if you’d like. If you have a question about earrings that you’d like to offer for sale, please contact us. We’ll be happy to provide an answer and address any concerns you may have.